Napavine School District #14 has Elementary, Junior and a High School, that provide quality education for the children of Napavine as well as to those who reside in the surrounding school district area.
The first school was a one-room building. Its' fireplace was all that kept the children warm on cold winter days. In 1893, an acre of land was purchased and cleared for a new school that was constructed with labor and materials supplied by community residents.
That building was replaced by a brick six room, two story building in 1913, in which High School classes were offered for the first time in 1917.
The present Elementary School Building replaced the brick structure that was badly damaged in the 1949 earthquake. In 2001, it was remodeled and nearly doubled in size. The current High School Building was built in 1980.
The District levied $944,433.23 in Property Taxes for 2009. This calculates out to a Tax Rate of $1.73 per thousand for Maintenance and Operation and $1.01 per thousand for Bond Redemption; resulting in a total Property Tax Rate of $2.74 per thousand.
The Napavine School District was honored to be listed in the top 5% of School Districts of its' size in the United States. Additionally, The District received the designation of "School of Distinction" awarded by the Washington State Superintendent of Public Instruction.